Friday, October 5, 2012

Have I forgotten to rhyme?



Have I forgotten to rhyme..
A shameless crime
Do I only write
For the twitter followers
Do I only vent
On the internet
Am I always conscious of the number of likes
Of the hits on my blog?
Have I forgotten
That audience called the little lines on my notepad
The cheer-leading adrenaline in my mind
The pen, the prose
The emotional overdose..
The secret lines
clandestine
the scribbles, the doodles..
the chipped corners of my crayons
the unopened box of acrylic paint
the unwritten rustic paper pad
bought from the hinterland of a small town ..
am I a slave to the laptop..
or a corporate shark..
with a lost cause
chasing the effigy of an effie
and hunting the lions..
the business class seat
am I a beast
no, I haven’t forgotten to rhyme..
I still have time..
Still own a fresh notebook..
A pencil that needs sharpening
A head that needs clearing
In a city that needs space
In a country that needs a cause
Fleeing men that need a chase
Trying hard not to think of
The mom with a multitude of faith
And the father who will never give up;
And toss in bed till he finds another way to support
A drowning ship
That on the surface
Looks gigantic and charming..
Not shivering in the cold
In the Bermuda triangle of hope..
Trying to find a way back home
Home, where is home.. ?
Home?

No comments:

here and now

here and now