Thursday, August 21, 2008

3 minutes (this ones written from the point of view of a guy)

Screech. Bump. Tear. Blood. Pain. Numbness. Sleep. Trance. I could have wondered where the whole gang disappeared but I was too busy searching for nothing in the pitch darkness. I couldn’t see my own hands and feet. I felt like I don’t exist. Suddenly I heard music. It wasn’t Floyd, nor was it Nirvana (no pun intended) but I was in a perpetual daze. Suddenly I felt a hand, which pulled me towards it. It was a feminine hand that led me to a dance. I started swaying purposefully to the music. She said, “Don’t. Just let yourself free”. I obeyed. Soon enough my body was in a slow rhythmic motion. I held her tight, as tight as I could. But the more I held her, the lighter she became. It felt like there was no floor beneath her and I was the only one holding her. I could feel her melting in my clutch. She became infinitesimally light and then her frame vanished without a warning.
I woke up in the ICU. I could remember nothing but I could still feel the aura of the other world. Those three minutes in the clasp of death still entice me to return.

No comments:

here and now

here and now